Friday, March 2, 2012

My 2 cents: Carmex Lip Balm - Trick

Hey ladies!

   Today's post is about Carmex the pretty famous lip balm that alot of people use and love but I'm gonna share something you may not be aware of. It comes in 3 shapes and sizes:




   From left to right these are the sizes : 7.5 g (round); 4.25 g (stick); 10 g (squeeze tube).
   The price is about the same for all of them although the third one is more than twice the size of the stick...

   Back to the subject now - the ingredients in this "miracle product" as I like to call it (you'll understand later) are: Petrolatum, Lanolin, Cetyl Esters, Cacao seed butter, Cera Alba, Parafinum Liquidum, Camphor, Menthol, Salicylic acid, Aroma, Vanilin but the do vary from country to country a little bit.

   Oh wait! What was that among the ingredients? Salicilic Acid?! That's right! This product contains the same ingredient most acne products contain so that's how my little story begins... Here I was sitting in bed one night just watching a tv show like every other night but then I start feeling this tingling sensation on my cheek. I reach for it with my hand and I realize it also hurts to the touch so I reach for my mirror and I see it...starring right at me a big red bump. It's late so I don't really want to run around my house trying to do my regular acne treatment because it takes time and I'm tired...and then it hits me! Standing quiet on my night stand is my lip balm...yes, plain and borring but is it?! I remember reading the ingredients earlier that week so I pick it up, slap a good blob over my bump and go to sleep. In the morning I get up, go to the bathroom and when I look at my face in the mirror I remember last night bump...only that it's not a bump anymore, it's just a barely visible red spot on my skin. :D

   The great thing about this in comparison with my regular spot treatment (for which I will make a separate post) is that it dries up the pimple or bump or whatever without drying your skin! Isn't that awesome?!

   I really hope you give it a try IF you need to :D but never if you're going out because it will look shiny and attract even more attention on that area, so just over night ;) 

Can't wait to hear from you guys! 
Let me know if you try this little trick!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read them all and I will answer any questions you have so ask away!