Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Secret : Aspirin masks

Hello ladies!


It's such a beautiful warm day outside! I feel so rejuvenated and cheerful! :D

Today's Sunday Secret post is about ASPIRIN. We probably all took aspirin at some point for some kind of pain but do you know there is so much more you can do with aspirin? Aspirin masks have helped me keep my acne under control in my teenager days, I used concentrated pastes for spot-treatment and even aspirin water is amazing in those hot summer days when you sweat a lot and maybe touch your face more than you should!


So here are the uses that I found work best for me:

Did you wake up to see a huge red spot in your face and you have an important day/date?


You can create a thick aspirin paste by smashing a few tablets and adding a few drops of either  simple water or lemon juice/tomato juice 

 

Then you can decide whether to apply the paste on the actual spot

 

Or on your hole face if it's a full breakout (avoiding eye and mouth area!!)


You can leave it anywhere from 30 min to 1 hour depending on the severity of the breakout and your time :)

But I have to warn you that aspirin masks DRIES OUT the skin severely!!

So make sure you deep moisturize your skin after every use and if your skin becomes very flaky and tight you minimize the usage of the mask to a few times / once a week and leave it on less than 30 min.

Hope you find this post useful!

Have a great sunny day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read them all and I will answer any questions you have so ask away!