Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My 2 cents: Rimmel Wake me up concealer

Hello ladies!

Today I wanned to share with you my experience with the new concealer from Rimmel London. The "collection" if you can really call it that has 2 products: a foundation that I'm gonna buy in the future - because I have a few that I just opened - so I only picked up the second product the concealer.
The concealer comes in 2 shades: 010 and 030 and in the swatch I made in the store on my hand the difference isn't that obvious.


It retails at about 7$ so I wasn't expecting much from it but it said on the little tube that it's their first full coverage concealer and I decided to give it a try since I was out of concealer and in desperate need of a new one. 
Here are my thoughts and opinions on this product:

PROS
  • Medium coverage
  • Light weight formula
  • It does indeed instantly brighten the under eye area
  • Blended well it doesn't crease even if you don't set it with powder but it wear off very fast
  • Set with powder doesn't look cakey and lasts longer
  • I use it on my oily lids as well and doesn't crease even if it's not set with powder
  • Can be used to cover blemishes but since it's liquid it's a medium coverage and you can't really build it up without looking cakey
  • The 030 matches my skin very well
  • Very affordable
  • You get a pretty good amount of product too : 7ml / 0.23 fl.oz


CONS


  • It only comes in 2 shades and unless you are (like me) very lucky to be a match to your skin you can't really use this concealer other than underneath your eyes in a very very thin coat but then where's the purpose in that (?!)
  • If you are in a hurry and you pull out the doe-foot applicator too fast from the tube you're bound to ge a blob either on your clothes, floor or vanity
  • It wears off pretty easy even if you set it with powder so you have to retouch it through out the day
  • It's not full coverage as the company claims

OVERALL      8/10

I believe it's so far the only concealer that hasn't creased on my oily eyelids or my fine lines underneath the eyes if applied in a very thin coat and blended well but as far as coverage goes... it's not bad but it's not full coverage either. Unless I find something better in the meantime, I might purchase this again once I finish this one.


Hope you found this helpful!


2 comments:

Anda Zelenca said...

I'm in love with the Wake Me Up range (the concealer & the foundation)!:X

:*

Adriana Nica said...

Can't wait to get the foundation as well!:D :*:*

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read them all and I will answer any questions you have so ask away!